Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to reload all files in a folder automatically by publisher

hello everyone

is there a possible to reload all files in a folder automatically ?

I know I can reload a file by creating a publisher task and setting the file as task 's Source document.

Can I set Source document as a folder and all files in the folder will be reload automatically?

so if I create a new qvw file , I dont need to create task every time. I just need to copy the file to the folder.

thanks in advance

11 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

unfortunately you need to create a task for every document.

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

thank you so much for your ultra-rapid response.

Can you tell me , is there a way to create tasks automatically by command etc?

for example , use a thread to monitor the folder , if folder's files updated or files copied into the folder , the thread will call the command to create tasks automatically .

laughsmile

lhr
Employee
Employee

unfortunately you can't do that either 😞

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You might be able to do this by modifying the QVPR directly. Specifically, you will need the following files: DocumentTask.xml, SourceDocument.xml, TaskCategory.xml, and Trigger.xml. First, create a normal task in Publisher. Then open the files in notepad to see the proper syntax for the task that you created. You can then experiment with using that syntax to create additional tasks directly in the XML files. If your QVPR is on a SQL Server, the same procedure should apply with editing the SQL Server entries.

Not applicable
Author

Vlad Gutkovsky, thank you so so much for your reply

I have done as you said , but it seems to need to restart publisher's windows service for creating a task

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

If necessary, stop all QV services, edit the files, and then restart the services. The only place where jobs are defined is in the QVPR so theoretically at least it should work. Let me know how it goes!

Not applicable
Author

yes , if the xml files were modified and publisher's windows service restarted , a new task was created.

but I want to find a way which not need to restart publisher service, so this solution can be used in production environment.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I don't think that's possible. But you can create a script that starts and stops the service automatically (sc stop and sc start).

Not applicable
Author

thank you so much for your reply

I think it is not a good idea to restart the service by using sc command , that may break other publisher tasks which is running.

Can Someone tell me how to reread the xml files without restarting publisher service?