Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to view section access user table in a document?

Hi,

I have a Qlikview document but do not have the source database anymore. Is there anyway to view the section access user table of the file? Its a pretty old file but my user is part of the section access table and is admin. I would like to somehow view the section access user table of the file

The problem is that If I put the old qlikview file on web, I can view it but If I reload the file (user table has changed a lot since then in the database), I can not view the same file on web anymore even though I can view it on Qlikview client. My user is still admin and loaded in section access and I can view the file if opened through qlikview client. I have access issues on web though. I have no problem with the old file though

I would like to see the structure of the old section access usertable and the new one to see what has changed that does not allow me viewing the file on web

Shah

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

If you couldn't perform a reload there would be not much hope ...

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The section access table is not stored as a table in the qlikview document. If your source data has changed and you don't keep track of changes in the source data then you're out of luck.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Ok, many thanks. Any Idea why would a section access  implemented qv document open on qlikview desktop client but not on web. If I disable section access, then I can view it on web too. I think section access is equal for both qlikview desktop and web so you either see it or dont see it. My user is loaded into qlikview and is admin. I have named cal and can view all other reports so cal is not an issue either

marcus_sommer

Section access is equal to fat-client or web-client but you as user must not be the same on both platforms. Maybe the domains are different or ... Further the section access could include further things like domain, ntsid, serialnumber.

- Marcus