Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

if function for dummy dimension (with set analysis) not work

Hi,

I have a question about if function in qlikview. I'm newbie with qlikview, and now i have a problem when i have a pivot chart with dummy dimension where i must get the value of that dummy dimension for every 3 months.

I get the value with the set analysis, but when i have month for selection, this chart is not get the value of 3 months, just get the value of month that i selected. I want this chart still get the value of 3 months however I selected just 1 month.

Please help me to find out what's wrong with my chart.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Renyta

Message was edited by: Renyta Irene this is the new attachment..thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Your attachment is not loading. The load is failing. Can you please re-attach it or post the expressions here.

Thanks

Angad

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Attached file is corrupted I think, I am not able to open.  If you want to ignore selections of the Month Dimension just do like this

=Sum({<MonthDimensionName=>} MeasureName)

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

this is actually my expression for my pivot chart:

if(ValueList('a','b')='a',

sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}sum_contract_no),

if(ValueList('a','b')='b',

(sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}SUM_REPOSES)/

sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}SUM_INSTALLMENT))

))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Angad,

Thanks for your reply, i do re-attach on my post earlier. please to see it. thanks

Renyta

Not applicable
Author

Hi Angad, this is actually my expresion in my pivot chart:

sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}sum_contract_no),

(sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}SUM_REPOSES)/

sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}SUM_INSTALLMENT))

))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Actually i get that set analysis on my expression, my expression actually is like this one:

))

can you please to see it and tell me where i'm wrong in my expression?

Thanks,

Renyta