Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

install QlikView Server on a new machine

Hello

we got QlikView server 11.2 installed on machine BI1

We now bought a new server machine and we want re-install / merge QlikView server on the new machine

what steps to follow so that everything remains functional (CALs, tasks, etc....)

I can walk on water when it freezes
Labels (1)
19 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Ali,

check out the attached!

HTH

Andy

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Ali,

Are you OK with this one now?

Andy

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

no there is no place that explains the steps to follow

I think I will take the QVPR folder from old machine and the .pgo files

paste them on the new machine and hopefully everything will be available

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Ali,

We are also having the same situation (in next couple of days I need to re-install the Server on new machine and merge everything).

I would like to request your guidance and if you have executed the process, could you please share the steps or the things that you have done during this re-installation.

Thanks,

Nihal

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hey guys,

in the second document that Andrew posted (QV11 Upgrade and Migration Document.pdf), check out Section 5 on page 30. That is exactly what you need: a machine to machine migration of QV11.

Best,

Peter

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you Peter for your confirmation.

At this point of time this is the only one (QV11 Upgrade and Migration Document.pdf) document that I am referring. I have gone through the page 30 to 35 and will execute the same, hoping for a smooth migration of QV11.

Thanks,

Nihal

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Peter,

Could you please advise if we change the Domain name while re-installing the QV services on a new machine does it will impact anything on machine to machine migration? or any extra precautions that need to follow if we change the domain name?

or else do we need to keep the same Domain name that currently exists on the machine 1, to complete the smooth re-installation.

Thanks,

Nihal

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

were you able to successfully install Qlikview server on the new machine?

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Not yet implemented the process, still gathering other related information to start the project.

Thanks,

Nihal