Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II

locking qv file

Hello community,

is it possible to lock a qv file so a third person can only load in data but cannot change anything in my file and can not even see my script and everything what i have done before?

I just want a friend is being able to work on that file. But he shouldnt see what i had used for expressions and what i had written down in the script. Furthermore he shouldnt be able to change/manipulate or build objects.

I know that in Excel, we are able to lock it. But is it possible to do it in Qlikview as well?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Thanh,

see the attached:

Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

If your friend is going to be using QV Desktop to work on the file, view and load but nothing else, the you'll needto use Section Access.

Andy

thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Where can i find this section?  I m sorry I have it in german. What I've done so far is to go to Sheet properties - Security - rights for user. I removed every cross joints. Is this the way how to do it? I mafraid that he still can change the rights by going into sheet properties and readding the user rights. or isnt he able cos he has got a anoather license?

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Thanh,

see the attached:

Andy

thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you!