Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karolina_
Creator II
Creator II

mix of allocated & dynamic Named CALs

Hi All,

I cannot find exact information in documentation for that.

If I have 25 Names CALs, can I assign 5 CALs to users so they will have guaranteed access and check 'allow dynamic CALs' so that 20 others will be assigned dynamically?
Will QS recoginzed which CALs are assign manually which dynamically and would not remove manual assigment after 24h?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Karolina,

If you have all Named User CALs, you'll be fine. You can assign manually and let the remainder be assigned dynamically.

The 24hrs is how long the CAL is Quarantined. Basically, if your ran out of CALs, you could only delete CALs that have not been used in the last 24hrs.

Also, QS will not remove any of the CALs, if you need to free some up, you'll have to do it via the QMC.

Hope that helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

1 Reply
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Karolina,

If you have all Named User CALs, you'll be fine. You can assign manually and let the remainder be assigned dynamically.

The 24hrs is how long the CAL is Quarantined. Basically, if your ran out of CALs, you could only delete CALs that have not been used in the last 24hrs.

Also, QS will not remove any of the CALs, if you need to free some up, you'll have to do it via the QMC.

Hope that helps,

Jason