Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

gandalfgray
Valued Contributor

msgbox in AjaxZFC client

Has anyone been able to get msgbox to work in an AjaxZFC client?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

msgbox in AjaxZFC client

Hello Goran,

I've used instead a visible/hide textbox set in a very high layer, so it's always displayed over the objects. Using a button with a simple macro to set one variable (say vVisible) to 1 or 0 and set this textbox to show conditionally based on that variable will do the work.

Macro code for button might look like as follows

Sub ShowText set vis = ActiveDocument.Variables("vVisible") val = vis.GetContent.String if val = 0 then ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("IDXX").SetLayer 10 vis.SetContent 1, true else ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("IDXX").SetLayer -10 vis.SetContent 0, true end ifEnd Sub

Although it's not properly a msgbox, it will display any message and it may trigger some otehr actions.

Hope that helps.

2 Replies
MVP
MVP

msgbox in AjaxZFC client

Hello Goran,

I've used instead a visible/hide textbox set in a very high layer, so it's always displayed over the objects. Using a button with a simple macro to set one variable (say vVisible) to 1 or 0 and set this textbox to show conditionally based on that variable will do the work.

Macro code for button might look like as follows

Sub ShowText set vis = ActiveDocument.Variables("vVisible") val = vis.GetContent.String if val = 0 then ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("IDXX").SetLayer 10 vis.SetContent 1, true else ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("IDXX").SetLayer -10 vis.SetContent 0, true end ifEnd Sub

Although it's not properly a msgbox, it will display any message and it may trigger some otehr actions.

Hope that helps.

gandalfgray
Valued Contributor

SV:Re: msgbox in AjaxZFC client

Thanks Miguel,

I take your answer as a confirmation that the vb function msgbox does not work for ajax.

The code you submitted works as a workaround, (at least for msgboxes without yes/no-buttons)

but I omitted the SetLayer lines and instead placed the IDXX-object at the "Top" level layer, like this:

Sub ShowText
set vis = ActiveDocument.Variables("IDXX")
val = vis.GetContent.String
if val = 0 then
vis.SetContent 1, true
else
vis.SetContent 0, true
end if
End Sub