Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

multiple parameters for reload script

If I'm reading these instructions correctly:

A separate document will be created for each value. To use a sequence of data enter the start and stop values separated with a "-".
Separate single values or sequences with a ";".
If you select a field from the document all valued in the field will be used.

I should be able to pass mutliple parameters to a reload task like so:

param1;param2;param3

val1;val2;val3

I'm seeing the strangest behaviour. The parameters value box always appends a ";" to the end of the entries when I click apply. The parameter name box does not do this.

That is not the real issue though. I need to pass 3 parameters and anything past the second parameter comes into the document as null.

I've tried adding ";" to the parameters line so it matches the values line but no joy. the document still sees it as null.

We are on 9 SR 6

Thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can only pass one parameter. I have checked on this in the past and even put this in as a bug. However, it is designed to pass one parameter.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can only pass one parameter. I have checked on this in the past and even put this in as a bug. However, it is designed to pass one parameter.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

thanks. it works with two but not three. oh well.