Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

no content showed in access point

hi

i loaded a document (6 Gb, fact table 9 fields, 3.5 billion records, one dimension table) to be displayed in the access point, but when i open it in access point, it shows nothing, then it shows "session lost". I see also that the server is down, i restarted, but still it does not show anything.

is there a resason for that? time out? i copy pasted the document from the development to the productive environment

thanks

felipe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The file can be hidden or in a different folder.

Depending on your windows version, you can find it at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\WebServer

There are many timeouts ( for reload, cache, etc), the one you indicated in your message will not allow a longer delay to open it.

Regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

10 Replies
leonardo_raed
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Felcar

Do you have the QVS log's files? Maybe you have a Ram problem.

See you.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

If you have a large qvw, it will take a very long time to open it. So, the first user ( that call the app that will be in memory for sometime) may lose his session.

You can increase this timeout in a config.xml file. If I remeber corrrectly, the default value is 60 seconds.

You can check more details here: http://community.qlik.com/message/62135#62135

The preload option can keep the document in memory and avoid the timeout problem for the first user as I mentioned in your other question.

http://community.qlik.com/message/313171#313171

Also, if your first tab take too long to be calculated, it can also get a timeout.

Hope it helps,

Erich

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Erich

thanks for your answer. I finally reduce the data size of my document by reducing the number of records and came up to a much smaller document of 1.7GB. I realized the doc of 6 GB completely blocked the QVS making any work too slow (our qv server is equipped with 63.9 RAM)

However i saw your links and found the "config.xml.file" (

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QvWebServer\config.xml file). According to the blog i should change the QvTimeout parameter in the file. the file looks like this:

<add name="ClientRoleProvider" type="System.Web.ClientServices.Providers.ClientRoleProvider,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
" serviceUri="" cacheTimeout="86400"/>

I can imagine, i do not need to change anything here. In the QMC, under System/SetUp/Performance, there is an option for setting the "Possible Session Timeout". In our case is set at 1,800 seconds, this is 30 minutes. Is this the option?

What do you mean by first tab? in the script or document? anyway, first tab is the connection in script, and in document there are some objects and simple set analysis. In the script there is an outer join on the same table with one IF-statement, and i did not use any record counter to use SUM, but i used COUNT DISTINCT, what i know is not efficient.

It seems, the issue was the outer join on a table itself of 126 million records, what created a final table of more than 3.5 billion records. It came through (as qvd in 1.5 hours load), but too much for the access point. It seems i need to rethink how to deal with the issue and optimize the document.

thanks again

felipe

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks leonardo

we have 63.9 RAM. I reduced the size of the document and it worked again. However i have to rethink how to keep the document content without altering too much the performance.

I do not have log files, in document properties?

felipe

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

In my case, the file is at c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer and the file is config.xml

The tag is <QvsTimeout>60</QvsTimeout>

You change the 60 to a number like 180 (3min) or 240 ( 4 min)

Hope it helps,

Erich

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

i only have the one i wrote. i use QV 11.2 and do not find a QlikTech file

I used the management console to do that, hope it works

thanks

felipe

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The file can be hidden or in a different folder.

Depending on your windows version, you can find it at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\WebServer

There are many timeouts ( for reload, cache, etc), the one you indicated in your message will not allow a longer delay to open it.

Regards,

Erich

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

this one
<InstallationPath>C:\Programme\QlikView\Server\WebServer</InstallationPath>
<QvsTimeout>60</QvsTimeout>
thanks, good to know
Felipe
PD not possible to edit, how you did it?
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

How did you open it?

I suggest you make a backup, then you stop services and open it using notepad to edit.

Regards,

Erich