Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

on an externale event / trigger from SAP process chain possible?

Hi Community

Version 9.0

Today we had a first meeting at a prospective client. The automation of load processes was a primary concern, therefore lot’s of questions about the SAP Connector came up.

In the section (QEMC) Source Documents > Triggers > Current Triggers the configuration can set to “on an external event”. According to this it should be possible to hand over the information from a SAP process chain to the QV Server.

There are two questions:

-          How can I guarantee that SAP data in a InfoCube or DSO will be updated in a QV application automatically? Is it – for example – possible to hand over an SAP event out of a process chain to the QV Server? If yes, how?

-          Is it also possible for Access DB and Excel-Files which are updated?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Claudio

… ps: already went through different articles and found several interesting topics. But nothing helped me. If there are other articles, please just refer on them.

15 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Another thing that might be affecting the request from a different server is if it´s going through a proxy, you should make sure the QV server is added as an exception in the IE proxy settings.

Not applicable
Author

it' s a direct link on port 4720, no proxy. Seems that requests way back is on another port?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

That's how standard TCP works, port 4720 is only used to establish the connection but communication is actually done through a different port.

Not applicable
Author

ok  - so is there a standard port or port range we have to open for the communication?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

4720 is enough

Not applicable
Author

Hello Gurus,

Urgent help required.

I am working on triggerring the QMC tasks in batch(based on ETL Load completion) instead of scheduling/time trigger in QMC. The idea is to reduce the load on QMC and overcome the limitation  of n number of simultaneous tasks in QMC. I tried the /r or /l option but it is doing a plain reload on the Client(In a new window) than on the Server. I want to remove the scheduling from QMC, but want to monitor those tasks in QMC. In other words, the existing waterfall QMC tasks are to be triggered from windows bat program based on ETL Load completion so that the QMC schedules can be removed, but still the tasks should be able to be monitored in QMC.

Thanks

BJ