Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

out of session cal

Greetings,

I have just run into a situation where 3 of my sites are getting the error "Access denied! The server is currently out of SESSION CALs". All the sites have only 1 SESSION CAL in their license. The error will come up when navigating from one dashboard to another. If you select the dashboard again, it will display fine. The sites are running QV server 8.50.6231.5. I was also able to recreate this on one of our in-house systems. It would seem that the session cal hasn't been released when going to another dashboard. Is there a setting that can be adjusted that would eliminate this error?

Thanks,

Karen

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Karen,

You may set the session timeout in both document (Settings menu, Document Properties, Server) and Enterprise Management Console, under System, your QlikView server, Documents and Performance tabs in the right pane.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the info! I checked and the timeouts are set to the defaults upon install.

Session timeout is 1800 seconds; Max Inactive Session time is 1800 seconds; Total Session time is 0.

Document timeout is 480 minutes.

I know that if we have 2 Session Cals in the license, we don't have this problem.

I appreciate any other ideas,

Karen

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Just an idea but, have you tried updating to QV 9SR5 server?

Anyway, a session expires by timeout or when closing the browser, by default. So if you are using the same session (browser window/tab) to open a new dashboard, this may be the issue.

Hope that helps.