cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

please do let me know

Hi ,

I have one doubt plz do let me know,

actually my publisher (QV11) is installed  in server1,which is fetching qvw applns(QV11) from another server called server 2,

now is it possible to store the pdf    generated after reload of a task in to server1,but it is storing in server 2 (where all my application resides) but not in server 1 ( where my publisher resides),

its some what very very urgent...,please do let me know  is it possible or not???????????????

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Are you running a clustered environment? Go to the QMC, Documents, Source Documents, check the QVW with the PDF distribution task, Distribute tab, Folder, and select the folder of Server 1. Note that the folder in Server 1 must be shared so it can be accessed from the account running the services as \\SERVER1\Folder

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I am using clustered env

actually,I didnt want the pdf to get store in Server 2 due to memory issue,if i share then it will be in both the servers right means Server 1 and Server 2???

actually it need to get generate into a specified folder in Server 1 (where my publisher resides) and no where in Server 2

that is my requirement 😞 and plz do let me know is it possibe or not??

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

You should be able to publish a PDF document anywhere in the network, as long as the user account that runs the QlikView services has permissions on that folder to modify. The folder must be a network shared folder and you must set it up in the QMC as mentioned above, regardless it's a server or a particular user computer, as said, as long as the QlikView account has modify permissions on it.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

sure,i will check into it,thanks:-)