Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

problem with Web Form authentication

I got a client who is using QlikView 11

So far everything is going on just fine however the client now has users who want to access the dashboard using their Samsung tablets (Android)

Android browsers don't support NTLM so we selected from the management console the option under the authentication that says "alternate login (web form)"

with this option selected now the Tablet users see a form on which they have to supply a username and password

Yet now Neither the tablet users are able to log to QlikView access point nor the ones using Internet explorer on their windows 7 machines

Only users who belong to QlikView Administrators group are able to login

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
9 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm currently using Android with (QV v11SR2) NTLM and Default login page option selection without any issue. Please double check your service account that used to start the QV services, especially if you're using domain account for authentication purpose.

QV.jpg

Regards,

Kho

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

with these options selected as you mention everything is working just fine on internet explorer or chrome on conventional PCs

However user accessing the QlikView Access Point via mobile devices (Android/ Apple) cannot access

if I select alternate login web form option non of the users will be able to log in to the access point

Not applicable

Hi Ali,

What is your version of QV ? as I do not have the issue with the above setting and performing logon on both Android and Apple devices. Our concern is the size of the report is too small to be viewed on those devices.

Does the QV AP show you any message ?

Meanwhile, are you using Domain Account to perform the logon ?

Regards,

Kho

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

We are working on QV 11 SR2

The account running the QlikView services is a local administrator

the user I'm trying to log on with is a domain user with which I'm able to log on when default browser authentication is selected

but I need to use web form because on the Samsung tablets used the browser doesn't give a pop up to supply user name and password that's why I want to use web form authentication

Not applicable

Hi Ali,

You're actually running the same version as mine. And I do found out your issue already.

In order for QV to run on Domain environment you need to perform the following steps:

- Create a QV administrator account (for my case, I created qvadmin)

- Grant qvadmin to Domain's Administrators Group

- Join your QV server into Domain (does your DC and QV within the same server ?)

- Join qvadmin (domain account) into QV Server's Administrators and QV Administrators group

- Change your QV services to start with qvadmin account (in the format domain_name\qvadmin)

- Make sure your QV's DSC is properly configured

- login your Android and Apple device using the following authentication format

- domain_FQDN@domain_Username (example : kho@localdomain.com)

- user password

Hoped it work for you.

Regards,

Kho

Not applicable

Hi Ali,

Bear in mind that, you no need to add any domain user into QV Server just join (add) the qvadmin into QV Server's local Administrators and QV Administrators group.

Because Windows already join the Domain Users group into QV Server's Local Users group.

Regards,

Kho

Not applicable

Hi Ali,

Which version of Android you are using. Qlikview will support on or more than 4.0 (those using HTML 5)

Karthik

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

so I understand from you that the account that is running the QlikView services should be a local administrator, belongs to local QlikView Administrators group and belongs to Domain Administrators group no?

Not applicable

Hi Ali,

Yes, you're right. this will make the QV Server to start with a account with administrative rights and enabling you to properly configure the QV DSC Service.

Regards,

Kho