Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III

publisher v9 email pdf does not work

Hi all,

does anyone know why our publisher will not send pdf files via email?

I can config it to send a qlikview file via email no problem, but when trying to select a report for the pdf option, none are shown (see attached).

Thanks,

Daviderror loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

David,

The PDF option does not send the qvw documents (what you are calling "reports"). It emails Report objects that were created in the document using the Report Editor in QV Developer. If the document has Reports defined, they should be visible in the dropdown after clicking the "Open Document" button in the task definition.

-Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gauravkhare
Creator II
Creator II

Hi David,

have you made reports? I mean have you provided id's to your reports... in reports...go to edit reports...add the report you want to send through mail..give a name/id..after doing this you will probably able to see list of reports available and you can always ditribute them through mail.

Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

no.

In QEMC i click on the 'Documents' tab; i see all our company's qvw reports. Clicking on the report i want to send gives me an 'edit task' option. Once selected i have tabs 'General', 'Reload', 'reduce', 'Distribute','Document info','Triggers', 'Server'.

Not one of the tabs gives me an option to assign a name/id.

I thought it was something to do with the PDF module add-on not being installed/configured? I defo have the publisher license showing in the options.

David

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

David,

The PDF option does not send the qvw documents (what you are calling "reports"). It emails Report objects that were created in the document using the Report Editor in QV Developer. If the document has Reports defined, they should be visible in the dropdown after clicking the "Open Document" button in the task definition.

-Rob

Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Aaaah, the penny drops!

I've created a report in the app and all works as expected.

Many thanks Rob Wink

David