cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

publishing pdfs to different regional mail ids

Hi Guys,

I am using QV11 publisher,

I have created a task in the publisher which creates a Region_Sales.pdf  into a folder after each reload of the task,

if i want the indivudual region sales as Region1_sales.pdf,Region2_Sales.pdf  after each reload,I am not getting it,

I tried with "banding loop"  for Region in the page setting and report settings of the edit report ,but still it is created as a single Region_Sales.pdf with all Regions with in the application??

I can use "reduce" in the publisher to reduce,

but I need to create as many task to reduce to each region ,so  I have created a macro in my application to loop through different regions

and create an individual pdf for individual region,

Iam not sure it is correct or not,just cpied from our community and tried but its not working 😞

I have attached the demo  application,please do let me know if any one knowssssssss

Kind Regards,

Keeruthii

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

In Publisher, you can loop a field to distribute by email to different users even without reducing data, if that's the case. The only thing you need is to include those email addresses in the script using any valid source (INLINE, excel file, database table...). You only need one task to do that, instead of creating as many tasks as possible recipients.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,Thanks for your timings

actually,I have added the mail ids in an excel and called those inside the application and its  working fine but my problem is   to generate individual pdf to individual region in a single task?

although if I loop and band the field "Region",I can still be able to see all the Regions in my report 😞

eg of my scenario:

Region      Email Address

Region1    email1

Region2    email2

My  Requirement :

I need to send as Region1.pdf to email1 and

Region2.pdf to email2    after each reload with out creating 2 different tasks

Thanks again

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Try this in the task:

• Set Reduce by Region, using "Reduce By Field Value".
  • Use the "Reduced Document Name" textbox to configure the name of the report (for example, using the value of the field Region).
  • Then go to the tab "Distribute" in the same task, select "Loop Field in Document", click on "Open Document" and select your field "Email Address" and set "Check user identity on" "Email Address", and click on "Target Type:" "E-Mail".
  • Finally, in File Type, click on "PDF Report from Source Document" and select the report ID you want to send by emailfrom your QVW.

Apply to save settings and run the task: it should reload first, then reduce and create as many PDF files as regions and recipients, then send them by email, in the same task.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Thanks again

When i tried what you suggested,Iam getting a warning as below:

"Warning : Dynamic distribution returned no receipients using  "EmailAddress" using parameter "EmailAddress"

actually I kept all the email_id's under the column "EmailAddress" in the excel and called this inside the application

do i need to change some thing in the email column,pleae do let me know