Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxgro
MVP
MVP

qlikview 10 sbe without active directory

hi

i'd like to setup a qv 10 small business edition in an environment without active directory

1) i don't want the users get prompted for login when they connect to the access point; is it possible if I create on the qlikview server local windows account with same users and passwords?

2) can i limit the application the user can see and open in access point? i have to define permission on qvw for the local windows users?

3) does the access section in the application works (no login prompt I hope) if I use NTNAME with server/user?

4) is it possible to do an upgrade from sbe to enterprise if the number of users grows above sbe license limits

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

QlikView treats users defined locally on the server in the same way as users defined in an Active Directory. The users are defined as Servername\User instead of Domain\User.

So your answers are:

1) Yes, but the user will always be prompted for their username and password unless the username and password of computer are the same or you same your user credentials.

2) Yes, in the security tab of the file you define which local users have access.

3) Yes.

4) How you define your permissions does not limit your ability to migrate to an enterprise server.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

QlikView treats users defined locally on the server in the same way as users defined in an Active Directory. The users are defined as Servername\User instead of Domain\User.

So your answers are:

1) Yes, but the user will always be prompted for their username and password unless the username and password of computer are the same or you same your user credentials.

2) Yes, in the security tab of the file you define which local users have access.

3) Yes.

4) How you define your permissions does not limit your ability to migrate to an enterprise server.

Regards.

maxgro
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks a lot for your answers Karl

I'll buy the small business edition

Not applicable

Karl,

I didn't understand how 1) would work, because Qlikview hasn't defined any user credentials when it's using NTFS security, which is the only option under SBE (DMS authorization is disabled). So it prompts for login information everytime. Is there a way to not get the prompt?

Thanks