cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qlikview keeps opening in personal edition

hello

i seem to have this issue when i open my qlikview program x64 it said personal edition all of the sudden when last week it gave me a full license

i checked the manager i have the license.. its not expired.. it sees the server.. (its on the same box)

when i do this in test.. it looks to the server and gives me the license fine...

my version currently is 9.0.7440.8  (yes i know we need to move off.. its in the works)

not sure how to make it work or what i should check for.

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

It sounds like you're trying to use a Server license for Developer, when what you actually want to do is lease a license from the server.  This would also explain the fact that your Developer client was licensed last week and is not this week.  The leased licenses only last for a month at a time before you have to re-lease the license.  I'm not sure how it worked with QV 9, but in the current version you will need to go to File > Open in Server... to re-lease the CAL assigned to you (assuming you still have a CAL assigned to you).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

It sounds like you're trying to use a Server license for Developer, when what you actually want to do is lease a license from the server.  This would also explain the fact that your Developer client was licensed last week and is not this week.  The leased licenses only last for a month at a time before you have to re-lease the license.  I'm not sure how it worked with QV 9, but in the current version you will need to go to File > Open in Server... to re-lease the CAL assigned to you (assuming you still have a CAL assigned to you).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thank u

you are correct it was leased.. i dont know why but basically took a few days to autoupdate the lease

thanks