Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

jfung148
Contributor

qlikview keeps opening in personal edition

hello

i seem to have this issue when i open my qlikview program x64 it said personal edition all of the sudden when last week it gave me a full license

i checked the manager i have the license.. its not expired.. it sees the server.. (its on the same box)

when i do this in test.. it looks to the server and gives me the license fine...

my version currently is 9.0.7440.8  (yes i know we need to move off.. its in the works)

not sure how to make it work or what i should check for.

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Support
Support

Re: qlikview keeps opening in personal edition

It sounds like you're trying to use a Server license for Developer, when what you actually want to do is lease a license from the server.  This would also explain the fact that your Developer client was licensed last week and is not this week.  The leased licenses only last for a month at a time before you have to re-lease the license.  I'm not sure how it worked with QV 9, but in the current version you will need to go to File > Open in Server... to re-lease the CAL assigned to you (assuming you still have a CAL assigned to you).

2 Replies
Support
Support

It sounds like you're trying to use a Server license for Developer, when what you actually want to do is lease a license from the server.  This would also explain the fact that your Developer client was licensed last week and is not this week.  The leased licenses only last for a month at a time before you have to re-lease the license.  I'm not sure how it worked with QV 9, but in the current version you will need to go to File > Open in Server... to re-lease the CAL assigned to you (assuming you still have a CAL assigned to you).

jfung148
Contributor

thank u

you are correct it was leased.. i dont know why but basically took a few days to autoupdate the lease

thanks