cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qlikview script can you write simple info output to console so can see in logs

Hi,

Just wondering is there a call to write the the standard console/log from qlikview in script

Thanks

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Not sure if you mean custom lines in the log? If so, yes, use TRACE

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/ScriptRegularS...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That is okay.  But was looking to see that trace output goes to the log when it runs in Console

(2018-05-08 15:24:55) Information: Entering Task Execution.

(2018-05-08 15:24:55) Information: ClusterID=2

(2018-05-08 15:24:55) Information: QDSID=xxxxx

(2018-05-08 15:24:55) Information: TaskID=xxxxx

(2018-05-08 15:24:55) Information: MaxRunTime=1.00:00:00

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

TRACE will write information to the document log (the .log file in the same folder as the .qvw file, if enabled for the document). I don't know of any way to write trace information to the task log (which is, I think, what you mean by console log).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thats correct.  We want to log additional information to Task Log.  As in the Web browser we can ONLY have access to see the Task Log results.  Unfortunately we have no access to the .log file it generates from .qvw.  So this is a limitation I guess.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK the TaskLog is not written to from the reload engine (QVB.exe). I guess the QlikView Distribution Engine manages the TaskLog and the QDS has nothing whatsoever to do with the Load Script. It just waits for a job to finish and records the execution result. Separate processes...

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

This is stored in the Application Data Folder as specified in the QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > 1 (the number of the QDS as the name of the folder) > Log > Date (e.g.: today 20180508) > TaskLog.txt for what you refer as it appears on the QMC and DocumentLog.txt for the script execution.

TRACEs will be displayed on the latter.

You can create a QlikView application that reads and processes those logs (that's what the QlikView Governance Dashboard does).

marcus_sommer

I think Peter is right and it won't be possible because of the different processes. Maybe it's an alternatively to implement an application which reads all document-logs and which could be accessed per access point, for example with the tis tool from Rob: Script Log Analyzer v1.5 in German and Portuguese.

- Marcus