Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Always one selected value" on IE

In this case I use a macro that selects a value and sets "always one" option. And when clicked on next tab it has to set the "always one" to false. It works perfectly fine on QlikView Desktop on a server machine but when accessing the same application through IE it is not functioning the way it has to. It is not able to set the field properties to "always one selected" to false on IE.
sub selet1
set flds = ActiveDocument.Fields("test")
set vals = flds.GetPossibleValues
flds.Select vals.Item(0).Text
call SetOnlyOnes("test")
end sub
sub clear1
call clearSetOnlyOnes("test")
ActiveDocument.Fields("test").Clear
end sub
sub SetOnlyOnes(OnlyOne)
set fld = ActiveDocument.GetField(OnlyOne)
set prop = fld.GetProperties
prop.OneAndOnlyOne = true
fld.SetProperties prop
end sub
sub clearSetOnlyOnes(OnlyOnec)
set fldc = ActiveDocument.GetField(OnlyOnec)
set propc = fldc.GetProperties
propc.OneAndOnlyOne =false
fldc.SetProperties propc
end sub
please let me know if I am missing anything.
Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Priya,

some of the APIs are not designed to work in the Server environment, especially those related to the UI objects. This particular attribute should actually work, since it belongs to the object "Field". It might be a glitch - I'd recommend reporting it to support.

As a side comment - I'd encourage you to analyze your business problem and to try and eliminate the need in manipulating these properties "behind the scenes". Those manipulations are causing confusion for the end user that can't get used to any consistent behavior. Any selections made "behand the scenes" make users uncomfortable with the tool ("things are happening without my knowledge and without my control").

Usually there are other means to satisfy the same business requirements without "playing" with selections.

cheers,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Priya,

some of the APIs are not designed to work in the Server environment, especially those related to the UI objects. This particular attribute should actually work, since it belongs to the object "Field". It might be a glitch - I'd recommend reporting it to support.

As a side comment - I'd encourage you to analyze your business problem and to try and eliminate the need in manipulating these properties "behind the scenes". Those manipulations are causing confusion for the end user that can't get used to any consistent behavior. Any selections made "behand the scenes" make users uncomfortable with the tool ("things are happening without my knowledge and without my control").

Usually there are other means to satisfy the same business requirements without "playing" with selections.

cheers,

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Oleg.Below is the reply form QLIK Support

QA agreed that this is a defect. I have set this defect to High. It has already been approved, but want them to make sure and look at using the FALSE flag.

Defect 23011 has been approved by R&D,

Not applicable
Author

Hi priyadarshini,

Any news from QLIK Support if this defect has been fixed and rolled out ?

Not applicable
Author

I don't think they fixed it. Because I recently tested on Qlikview 9.00 SR6 through IE and it is still an issue.