Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Failed to access IIS metabase"

Hi All, While starting the QlikView Publisher ControlPanel, i'm getting an exception stating "Failed to access IIS metabase". I don't have any previous experience with IIS. So please help me in resolving this issue.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks bbt for your suggestions. Now the issue is gone after i repaired my .Net installation. After some googling, i found that people had similar issues with other applications, who installed IIS after installing .NET. So repairing the .NET installation got this thing resloved.

Thanks

Richy

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Richy,

Can you post a screen shot of the error. However, here is a couple of things to try. Make sure Active server pages are allowed in the webextense section of IIS. You could also reinstall .net 2. You can do that by running the following on a 32 bit machine.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

The command is a little different for X64..

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi im attaching the screenshot here.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok, try this. Give network services full access to the windows temp folder.. I have seen this before.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi, can you be a little more descriptive. I didn't get it exactly. As of now, i have full administration rights in the system.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

It is not your login but the user "Network Services". It needs to be able to have full access to the Windows Temp Directory..

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I gave Full Control to Network Service to C:\Windows\Temp folder.

But still it's showing the same issue.

I also tried granting access to metabase by running the command aspnet_regiis -ga as specified in the microsoft support site. But that also doesn't seems to be enough.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks bbt for your suggestions. Now the issue is gone after i repaired my .Net installation. After some googling, i found that people had similar issues with other applications, who installed IIS after installing .NET. So repairing the .NET installation got this thing resloved.

Thanks

Richy