Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

"Failed to access IIS metabase"

Hi All, While starting the QlikView Publisher ControlPanel, i'm getting an exception stating "Failed to access IIS metabase". I don't have any previous experience with IIS. So please help me in resolving this issue.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Thanks bbt for your suggestions. Now the issue is gone after i repaired my .Net installation. After some googling, i found that people had similar issues with other applications, who installed IIS after installing .NET. So repairing the .NET installation got this thing resloved.

Thanks

Richy

7 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hi Richy,

Can you post a screen shot of the error. However, here is a couple of things to try. Make sure Active server pages are allowed in the webextense section of IIS. You could also reinstall .net 2. You can do that by running the following on a 32 bit machine.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

The command is a little different for X64..

Not applicable

Hi im attaching the screenshot here.

Employee
Employee

Ok, try this. Give network services full access to the windows temp folder.. I have seen this before.

Not applicable

Hi, can you be a little more descriptive. I didn't get it exactly. As of now, i have full administration rights in the system.
Employee
Employee

It is not your login but the user "Network Services". It needs to be able to have full access to the Windows Temp Directory..

Not applicable

Ok, I gave Full Control to Network Service to C:\Windows\Temp folder.

But still it's showing the same issue.

I also tried granting access to metabase by running the command aspnet_regiis -ga as specified in the microsoft support site. But that also doesn't seems to be enough.

Not applicable

Thanks bbt for your suggestions. Now the issue is gone after i repaired my .Net installation. After some googling, i found that people had similar issues with other applications, who installed IIS after installing .NET. So repairing the .NET installation got this thing resloved.

Thanks

Richy