Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Lost Connection to Server" error

We're throwing this QVW on to a ZFC environment and when we click on the third tab in that file we get a "Lost Connection to Server" error. We've cloned each of the objects in the file, copied them to new sheets and then tried to run it again and we still get this "lost connection" error.

Developer: QV9 SR2

QVServer: QV9 SR2

I took a look at some previous posts that discussed this issue. I confirmed that only one user is trying to access this dashboard at a time so I don't think it has to do with 2 or more users/connections that are using the same named cal licence.

Anyone seen this before?

9 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Best guess is that something on that sheet is causing the QVS to crash and restart. Check the Event Viewer on the QVS machine for failure/service start messages.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Try checking your QV server settings also within the document, is QV tunneling enabled?

Is your company firewall blocking specific ports?

Not applicable
Author

cjwhit thanks.

We have tunneling enabled and we also have the same problem on our test server that is inside our firewall.

Any thoughts?

Not applicable
Author

Rob - We do have some Warnings and Information logs but we are sure what they mean. An error that we are also seeing in our logs is

"Faulting application qvs.exe, version 9.0.7320.7, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000000119930522."

Again not sure what any of it means.

Not applicable
Author

Note the attached file which has sectionaccess removed. We don't seem to get this issue when sectionaccess is removed. It's tough to say what the culprit is as our findings where spotty before we removed it....sometimes we'd get that "lost connect" error in ZFC and sometimes we didn't.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I suggest sending the document and the qvs.exe error message to Support. Sound like something they should look at or help you to gather more diagnostics.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help, Rob. I sent this on to support as well and I assume they're looking into it...

hectorgarcia
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi tom I was checking your script and I found that you have an improvement opportunity wich is to use th qualify and unqualify function.

I.E you have in your script:

PartyRelationship:
LOAD
RelationshipId as PartyRelationship.RelationshipId,
RelationshipTypeCd as PartyRelationship.RelationshipTypeCd,
ClientPartyId as PartyRelationship.ClientPartyId,
ClientPartyId as Project.ProjectId,
SupplierPartyId as PartyRelationship.SupplierPartyId,
SupplierPartyId as Person.Id,
EffTime as PartyRelationship.EffTime,
ExpTime as PartyRelationship.ExpTime
FROM GetPartyRelationshipList.csv (ansi, txt, delimiter is ',', embedded labels, msq);

if you do it this way .....you will save some typing time and avoid error reloading:

qualify *;
unqualify Project.ProjectId,Person.Id,
PartyRelationship:
LOAD
RelationshipId,
RelationshipTypeCd,
ClientPartyId,
ClientPartyId as Project.ProjectId,
SupplierPartyId,
SupplierPartyId as Person.Id,
EffTime,
ExpTime
FROM GetPartyRelationshipList.csv (ansi, txt, delimiter is ',', embedded labels, msq);

unqualify *;

hectorgarcia
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

made a typo:

unqualify Project.ProjectId,Person.Id;