Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Select Report" in Personal Edition is greyed out

Hi,

I have a user who is unable to choose the  "select report" button in Personal Edition for a particular doc because it is greyed out. It is not just one user but all users. Can anyone suggest as to why it is greyed out? Thanks.

9 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you share the same document to replace the exact issue?

try by upgrading qlikview to latest version.

Hope it helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi, the user is already on the latest ver 11.2 SR6. To be honest the users here have had problems since moving to Windows 7 and IE 11. Everything was fine under Windows XP and IE 8. Since moving to Windows 7 a lot of the functionality within Qlikview has stopped working. This is despite upgrading our Server to Qlikview ver 11.2 SR5. In both the full browser view or the plug-in view a lot of the functionality has just stopped working. I have no idea how to fix these issues and users are now getting impatient. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Doug,

I have exactly same setup Windows 7 IE 11. I don't have any such issue.

Can you share a sample app to look into this further.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

I don’t think it is the apps in question as even the demo docs that come with Qlikview don’t work! I think it must be something to do with explorer and the plugins. I am using Windows 7 x64 on the desktop with Qlikview personal edition x64 ver 11.2 SR6. Everything was fine under XP IE8 which was using the x32 version.

Doug

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

For me it worked fine.

You may try be uninstalling old plugin if any and install new plugin from qlikview access point.

Hope it helped.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

These are the issues our users are experiencing since moving to Windows 7 from XP.

1.) 30 second delay when selecting a Qlikview doc from the access point. This used to be instant under Windows XP

2.) When starting up Qlikview users sometime receive the following error messages:

3.) When users select the current selection on the tool bar – nothing happens

4.) When users click on reports they get a drop down menu but selecting any of these reports does nothing.

5.) Cannot send to Excel. Excel opens but does not display anything

6.) The print button does nothing

Not applicable
Author

I have already done this but problems are still present. ☹

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In this case you must open a ticket with Qlikview support.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had a ticket open with our Qlikview reseller as I wasn’t allowed to contact Qlikview Support directly. The reseller told me that the problems were to do with permissions and not Qlikview itself and are refusing to provide me with any further support. I will try requesting support from our reseller again. Thanks.

Doug