Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hfkchristian
Creator
Creator

"Server communication lost" when opening document

Hi all

We just upgraded our QlikView server, and after that I can't open one of my documents as "open in server" in QlikView Desktop any more. When i try to open it, I can see the objects in the file, but I immediately get the error message "Server communication lost, closing document!" and the document is closed again before I can do anthing with it.

It works on my local computer and on the web. And my other document in the same folder does work as "open in server".

Do you know what could be wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Christian!

• What version did you upgrade from and to? 
  • Is the version of your Desktop client aligned to the server version?

Since only one document is affected, it may have a trigger or on open action that clears selections. Maybe this article (kb 000032202) could be relevant? It basically reads that the version needs to be aligned and that a clear all action can cause the "Server communication lost" message.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Christian!

• What version did you upgrade from and to? 
  • Is the version of your Desktop client aligned to the server version?

Since only one document is affected, it may have a trigger or on open action that clears selections. Maybe this article (kb 000032202) could be relevant? It basically reads that the version needs to be aligned and that a clear all action can cause the "Server communication lost" message.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
hfkchristian
Creator
Creator
Author

I have "on open"-triggers, but it's just a "run macro" and "select in field".Not "clear all".

The Server version is 12.30.20200.0. I thought we had upgraded Desktop too to this version, but I see now that the Desktop version is actually just 12.20.20800.0. I'll see if I can upgrade Desktop too, and try again.
hfkchristian
Creator
Creator
Author

I upgraded Desktop Client, and now it Works. So it was just because of the Version difference. Seems like Desktop and Server always should have the same Version. Thank you!

Albert_Candelario

Great!
Thanks for sharing this with us.
enjoy Qlik!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer