Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexprost
Contributor II
Contributor II

"current selections" when opening a document in browser

Hi,

I'm facing troubles with the default "current selections" when opening a qlikview document.

This document is deployed on a qlikview server enterprise v10. All users authorized have document cals. The access mode is browser (firefox or IE), always in ajax mode.

For one of the user, each time he opens the documents, "current selections" contains lot of elements. Every time the same. How did he do that ?

I have defined a "initial state" for the document when developping. How is it possible to force this "initial state" at opening for all users ?

Alexandre

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Try to open that application in qlikview developer.

Remove all the selections by clear all button.

Remove triggers if any. Then save and close document.

Try now by accessing it via access point.

Hope That Helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

alexprost
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your answer.

I solved my pb, but I didn't understand how... Embarrassed

One of these actions were the good:

- removing server object concerning the user who has the pb

- restarting all qv services on server

- clicking on "remove last document state" in access point, menu with blue arrow on application

I still wonder how is it possible to store a "initial state" for a document, specially for one user. How can a user do that ?

All users use access point and the document is refreshed daily.

I anyone can help me before a new user complains... Smile

Alexandre

Not applicable

Hi Prost.

Did you ever figure out, what wen't on with the initial selection, that by qv is made in the qvs? I have the same problem and only a trigger: OnOpen - Clear All works.

QV-version = 11.0.11414.0

francoiswiid
Partner - Contributor III

The option: "Session Recovery" in QMC will allow a user to keep their selections so that next time they open the document, the same selections that the user has made is applied again.

Not applicable

Hi Wiid.

Unfortunately this is not the case here - even removing: Last Document State in the AccessPoint before opening the app doesn't remove the initial selection, which selection is not made in the saved qvw-file.

I guess it has to do with a user server object/bookmark, but I just don't get how this could end up as a initial selection in the qv-system.

The unwanted initial selection is always the same no matter what the: last document state was.

francoiswiid

Strange, if you activate "Remove last document state", you should see the selections that the developer saved it with. No bookmark or user created objects will apply selections if you removed the state.

Triggers will also not be user specific...

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Alexandre,

The session recovery option when set, is like a bookmark that remembers the users last state. So, when you "remove last document state" that cleared the bookmark. Session recovery is a server setting that can be disabled.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.