Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

rwunderlich
Not applicable

'qva' is null problem

The IE7 on my laptop is suddenly unable to use the QEMC or QMC pages. I receive a javascript error

'qva' is null or undefined,.

This also happens with the qliktech download site and demo site as well.

Any ideas of what happened / what I need to tweak?

Thanks,
-Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Not applicable

'qva' is null problem

Vlad,

Thanks for the response. I've finally found the problem. I recently installed the Google Chrome Frame plugin -- in response to some prompt or another -- can't remember why. The installation of this component caused the string "chromeframe" to appear in my IE UserAgent header. Here's my full header:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB6.3; chromeframe; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

QvAjax.js tests for the Chrome browser like this:
IS_CHROME = navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("chrome") != -1;

which incorrectly caused the code to assume the browser was Chrome, not IE, which caused problems in the conditional paths

I tried to work around the problem by uninstalling the Chrome Frame plugin, Alas, this did not remove "chromeframe" from the UserAgent, but I found this entry on the web

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2005270/how-can-i-remove-chromeframe-from-ie8-user-agent

that told me how to remove it with a registry edit.

I'll report this as a bug.

Thanks,
-Rob

8 Replies
vgutkovsky
Not applicable

'qva' is null problem

Rob,

'qva' is defined in \QlikView\Management Service\QMCCommon\QvAjaxZfc\htc\QvAjax.js and \QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvAjaxZfc\htc\QvAjax.js, which is in turn defined in almost every file either directly or through \QlikView\Management Service\QMCCommon\Includes.js. Have any of these files been modified?

Also make sure that your user account has NTFS read & execute permissions on all relevant QVS folders since that could mean that your access to the javascript files is being blocked. Finally, check to make sure your IE security settings are not too high.

Regards,

rwunderlich
Not applicable

'qva' is null problem

Vlad,

Thanks for the response. I've finally found the problem. I recently installed the Google Chrome Frame plugin -- in response to some prompt or another -- can't remember why. The installation of this component caused the string "chromeframe" to appear in my IE UserAgent header. Here's my full header:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB6.3; chromeframe; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

QvAjax.js tests for the Chrome browser like this:
IS_CHROME = navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("chrome") != -1;

which incorrectly caused the code to assume the browser was Chrome, not IE, which caused problems in the conditional paths

I tried to work around the problem by uninstalling the Chrome Frame plugin, Alas, this did not remove "chromeframe" from the UserAgent, but I found this entry on the web

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2005270/how-can-i-remove-chromeframe-from-ie8-user-agent

that told me how to remove it with a registry edit.

I'll report this as a bug.

Thanks,
-Rob

vgutkovsky
Not applicable

'qva' is null problem

Thanks for sharing the solution!

Not applicable

'qva' is null problem

Rob, Thank-You!!!!!

This worked for me.

One of my C's was the only user that had this problem. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. You saved my tail

thanks again

jacekvsp
Not applicable

'qva' is null problem

Asking large number of non-technical users to edit registry may be rather scary thought.

One of our clients had this issue and we have resolved it by simply resetting IE settings:

IE_ChromeFrame_Plugin.PNG

Not applicable

Re: 'qva' is null problem

An uninstall of Chrome Frame plugin worked for my customer

Support
Support

Re: 'qva' is null problem

Rob,

Qlikview look at this and decide it was a third party bug and there wasn't nothing we could do to make it work.

Bill

Bill - Designated Support Engineer at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
montubhardwaj
Not applicable

Re: 'qva' is null problem

One of my user also had same issue and I resolved it by just re-setting IE settings. Thanks for the solution.