Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qvs.exe

This process is taking all the memory on my server.

Its never been running so high as it has in the past few days - the CPU usage shoots up to 100% and as a result users cannot access any reports on the client side

Is there any specific reason why this is happening? And how can I limit the amount of memory this process can use?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Download the QlikView Server Reference manual.  It has a lot of useful information such as default log file locations.

Generally they are all under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What is your QVS version?

Not applicable
Author

QV9  SR5

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Brian,

1)  How often do you restart the QlikView Server service?  We do this every night on each of our servers to clear the cache.

2)  Do you notice the memory spike when a particular user logs into QlikView?  Usually due to a certain object that does not run efficiently.

Let's start with that, then continue troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Dan

Not applicable
Author

Ive pinpointed it down to a certain report.

Every time this report is opened the memory usage increases - there hasnt been any changes made on this certain report in the last few weeks so its strange that its happening now

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Look in the QlikView and OS log files around the time when the report is opened.  Do you see anything unusual?

Not applicable
Author

Where can I find the log files?

Its happening for a number of reports now - Im getting an 'object out of memory' error.

Its strange as the reports have always worked fine and this error has only been happening recently

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Download the QlikView Server Reference manual.  It has a lot of useful information such as default log file locations.

Generally they are all under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer