Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III

qvw query - user access

Hi All,

I have a .qvw file that needs to be shared to users who have a named user license as we are currently not using a server base.

The ideal scenario and the end result I am looking for - a user will open the .qvw file from their desktop with the most recent refresh of information from the qvd.

Without me refreshing the master file and saving it on a daily basis, is there another way that this can happen automatically? So each user is looking at the same information and they do not have different versions of it.

Maybe I am looking at this from the wrong perspective and open to other suggestions you may have.

Separately but on the same note to this query, I can put the qvw file into another programme that will do an auto refresh but this qvw will be buried in this programme and is not user friendly to access. Different licenses (non qlikview) are needed to access this software too.

Many thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

If you don't have a Publisher, you can reload the qvw file with batch file.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /R "C:\QlikviewSetup\QVDExtractor\ExtractorTool\CustomQVDExtractor.qvw"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

Please add trigger to Reload the qvw onOpen event.

Go to Settings --> Document Properties (Ctrl+Alt+D) --> Triggers -->

Document Event Triggers --> select onOpen --> Add Actions

Please find the below screen shot for reference.

QVTrigger.JPG

Not applicable

This trigger automatically initiate the reload up on open the qvw.

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Dathu,

Really good explanation so thank you for that.

The users that have the Name User CAL dont have access to reload the script and I also feel its not user friendly to wait the few minutes while the script reloads.

Is there possibly a way I can automatically reload the data without me having to access the qvw file?

Not applicable

If you don't have a Publisher, you can reload the qvw file with batch file.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /R "C:\QlikviewSetup\QVDExtractor\ExtractorTool\CustomQVDExtractor.qvw"

Not applicable

The batch file will be scheduled with Windows task scheduler on demand

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

ok this is fairly uncharted water here but if I use the .bat file I need it to:

• open qlikview
  • select the qvw file
  • reload the scripts
  • save the file with the newly refreshed data
  • close qlikview again

I understand from above the "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /R opens qlikview but for the rest I am not too with familiar with.

Am I on the right track here?

Not applicable

You can find more on the Reference manual about command line reload.