cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

scheduled dash does not reload correctly

Hi, all,

I encountered an issue related to a dash which scheduled to reload by the "windows task scheduler". The dash works good till last few weeks. It happens today the 3rd time. The dash is started for reload process as scheduled, but just stopped after reload 1/3 of the script (from the log file). And the dash is of course not reloaded.  We have 3 scheduled upload for this dash. But all the rest reload work correctly.

I checked all the possibilities that I think may cause the issue:

1. No dash reload too long to have overlap with this dash.

2. The memory usage is only 15% during the reload time. It is normal and nothing strange to me in the server.

3. From the history of windows task manager, we can see this process started, run for 20 mins and completed normally. So nothing can be further checked there.

Qlikview version I use:  11.20 SR15

So any one may have any idea how can I debug in this situation?

I will by now schedule to run the dash at a little late time to see whether can avoid this issue.

Attached are the log file from the dash and the server log which I find have related info. But nothing wrong. But just see the log for reload process run 1/3 (I delete part of the script in the log as I think it is OK)of the script as I mentioned above.

Thanks

Zhihong

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Chip,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess the same reason as you after checked the log, and after change the time, yes, it works like a charm.

So I double checked the windows schedule. (We do not use QMC to schedule the reload task, but use windows schedule as more operations needed after the dash reload. )

And later I found the reason. We have a task to kill all the hanging process to solve a issue long time ago. And as the dash grow, the reload time now overlap with that killing process task. So the reload process dose not hang, but was killed.

At the same time, the Windows task manager can not detect this case correctly. The history still shows the QV reload process start and complete correctly. So that is why it is confusing me at first. 

Zhihong

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stig1984
Creator II
Creator II

Do you have the log file being created as part of the reload process?

prma7799
Master III
Master III

Please share log file ...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Stepehn, P M,

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Shared the log files above. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, all,

Just an update.

After schedule the dash to different time, an early and later time. The problem is gonna in 3 days.

As all the rest 2 daily reloads never has this issue, really think that is something wrong at the time of the issue reload.

But can not figure it out as there is nothing even suspicious in the server after investigation with our IT manager.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Zhihong,

From reviewing the document log, the reload looks to have hung. Can you also provide the task log from the same timestamp from the reload engine/publisher?

Based on your last statement, the reload was successful after it was scheduled for a diffenrent time? Can you confirm?

Best Regards,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Chip,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess the same reason as you after checked the log, and after change the time, yes, it works like a charm.

So I double checked the windows schedule. (We do not use QMC to schedule the reload task, but use windows schedule as more operations needed after the dash reload. )

And later I found the reason. We have a task to kill all the hanging process to solve a issue long time ago. And as the dash grow, the reload time now overlap with that killing process task. So the reload process dose not hang, but was killed.

At the same time, the Windows task manager can not detect this case correctly. The history still shows the QV reload process start and complete correctly. So that is why it is confusing me at first. 

Zhihong

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hey,

As you're not using the QlikView Reload Engine/Publisher, there won't be a task log to consult, so I really can't offer much of an informed comment regarding the root cause. One thing I can think of was that there were too many concurrent tasks scheduled, resulting in contention for the available reload engines. Have a look in the QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@ > Advanced tab to check and see how many simultaneous QlikView engines are set. Whatever the value is here, if there are more concurrent tasks scheduled for a particular time, some will have to wait for available engines. Sorry, but this is the best I have given the information.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!