Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgrs4219
Contributor III
Contributor III

static barwidth in barchart

I have a requirement that their is a Bar chart it is showing sales information for a year.How can i get static bar width after i make a selection for any of the particular two month with out enlarging the bar width.I am just wondering is there any such kind feature is available in Qlikview.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Sunny is right, it's the only way to achieve this and if you used a calculated dimension you could also hide the axis-values for the excluded dimension-values: Re: Controlling the width of bars in bar chart.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't think QlikView's inbuilt functionality provides any way of doing this. There might be Macro's which might be able to help you. But my question to you is, if the bar size don't expand, what will happen to the chart area? They are still at the same spot and the one which are not selected goes away?

sunny_talwar

Something like this?

After Selection:

Capture.PNG

Before Selection:

Capture.PNG

pgrs4219
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply sunny.my requirement is its just Bar chart alone,and if we make selection They should be still at the same spot and the one which are not selected goes away.

sunny_talwar

Did the above looks like what you wanted?

marcus_sommer

Sunny is right, it's the only way to achieve this and if you used a calculated dimension you could also hide the axis-values for the excluded dimension-values: Re: Controlling the width of bars in bar chart.

- Marcus

pgrs4219
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Marcus and sunny.that will  help me.