Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

synchronize development and live QV server

Hello

I'm working on a project using QlikView 11.2 SR5

QlikView server is isntalled on 2 server machines (development and Live)

as a developer I work on the development server but I'm not allowed to make changes to the live server

now there is an Administrator who has the privilege to make changes

ok I have changes made on several tasks (rename, update dependencies and change schedule)

How can I send something to the administrator so that he applies these changes smoothly on the live server

Please asdvise

I can walk on water when it freezes
4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Document the changes to the tasks in detail, and send this info to the Administrator. Make that procedure part of the policy that is to be followed whenever a new version of a QV document is to be pushed to production (part of the packaging of a new document release)

As far as I know, there is no method to extract task modifications from one server and send them to another for import without an external sync tool.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Ali,

You can use remote management service in the QMC to do this.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I never got that to work, so I gave up on it.

Maybe I should try again with the latest release?

paultribe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I understand that the remote management service in QMC can only import publish tasks. I use a lot of supporting database tasks. I see they are stored in xml files but a lot of GUIDs are in the xml files so I doubt they can be copied from one server environment to another. How can you package the supporting tasks?

Thanks,

Paul