I would like to upgrade my current Qlikview server build 11.20.12451.0 to sr8. Is there any step by step guide on how to to do the service release upgrade?
open server reference manual and read:
3.2 Upgrade Procedure
For a successful upgrade of QlikView Server, take the following basic practices into account:
Back up the current QlikView data directory, which includes most of the log and some of the configuration files as well as the document folders. The files are typically located in the following location:
Windows 7 and later, Windows Server 2008 and later: %ProgramData%\QlikTech
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech
l Perform the upgrade during a scheduled downtime – QlikView Server must be stopped for the upgrade to be successful.
l Licensing information and settings are saved by default when QlikView Server is removed. They are applied to any subsequent installation of QlikView Server on the system.
To install QlikView Server, proceed as follows:
1. Verify that backup media exists for the current release of QlikView Server and back up all current files associated with QlikView Server (HTML pages, QlikView documents, licensing file, QlikView Server .shared files, and so on).
2. When running QlikView Server version 8, use the Users tab in QMC to determine if there are any active users linked to QlikView Server. It may be a good idea to send out a broadcast message to notify the users that the service will be stopped.
3. Uninstall QlikView Server from Start Menu>Control Panel.
4. Install QlikView 11 Server.
U can sumply update QV Server just run new version setup file. Still, it is essential to back up the server settings and directory applications
Hmm, (see 2nd document) what exactly is QlikView 12 (Qlik Sense being a new product and all) and do you really mean to say that QV12 will not be backwards compatible? That would be a first...
Hi, thank you for this.
If I just run the new version setup file, does it detect that we have:
- C:\ProgramData\QlikTech (Data is on C-Drive on the server)
- D:\Program Files\QlikView (Binaries are on D-Drive on the server)
I do not like to make a completely new installation.
I'd be careful with that second document. It seems to be a Qlik document but it doesn't seem to be current. It's probably a legacy document related to what has become Qlik Sense.
Sense started life as QlikView 12, then was called Qlik.Next and then finally became Qlik Sense. All the references about capatability sound a lot like Sense to me.
QlikView 12 isn't meant to be out until middle of 2015.
we have now successfully upgraded from sr3 to sr8. The installer detects binaries on d-drive, and upgrades them.
So no worry if binaries are not on c but on d.
Good morning Mr Shah,
I am facing the necessity to update Server 10.0.x to 10.20 SR10. (Direct motivation is to fix the bug in pivot table.)
I would appreciate for your feedback in advance.