Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

v11

I recently downloaded v11 and when I create a new document and save it and try and reopen it,I get the message that I have already used the maximum number of attempts. How can that be when it is a brand new document.......

18 Replies
Nicole-Smith

You need to enter your license key. 

If you don't have one, personal edition only allows you to open up four documents that you have not created:

Personal Edition FAQs

Not applicable
Author

I downloaded personal edition this morning. Created a brand new document, saved it, closed it and tried to reopen and it will not let me. I never had this problem on PE v10 on my old laptop.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Lease a Named Cal license for Qlikview Desktop by "Open in server" option.

You are using a Qlikview Desktop and need to re-validate a license.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

Ricardo, i don't understand.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Take a Look

QlikView License Leasing - YouTube

QlikView - How to lease a license key - YouTube

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Did you use save or save as?

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

The reason why you can not run the personal edition is because you have exceeded the number of Document Recoveries allowed.

One of the reasons can be that you have opened files that weren't created in your personal edition program or shared documents with other unlicensed users.

Please find below the Personal Edition FAQ. Make sure to read "What is "Document Recovery" and when should I use it?"

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1799

Not applicable
Author

It is a brand new document, created this morning. I tried to open it 1 time after I created it and it would not open. So that is not the issue. Save or Save as did not matter which I used.

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

What version are you using?