Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what if one of the service is not running?

Hi Experts

I did office 2007 installation on DEV server and server req reboot of the server, so I did it

Now,  it shows that one of the service is not running, in that case what should I do? Do I need to restart it again?

If we go to QEMC-->Status-->Services-->QVS@DEVserver, it shows the message as "No valid document directory set" and its status as off duty.

Please help me

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The error message is: "No valid document directory set". Does the directory set in the management console/ini file exist? Does the user account running the qlikview services has rights to access this directory?

Not applicable
Author

If you mean on this path => C:\Programfiles\QlikTech\ManagementService, here I am not able to see ini file. Only able to see config file.

Also, I checked license Number, its different for both Dev & Prod.

1 more point I observe, I received this error message on alternate breaks.

Br

Anta

Not applicable
Author

You never mention what version and SR of Qlikview you are using.  I just tried to force this failure by applying non-existent folders to all the possible places in QEMC|System|QVS tabs in QVS10SR4 Build 9282.  I even went so far as to STOP the QVS and insert bogus folders but each time the QVS either objected or reverted the folder to my original entry.  I suggest verifying that each folder referenced on any QVS setup tab exists; you may have inadvertently changed something while the QVS was inactive (unlikely) but you should check nonetheless.  In fact if this persists, I would check every folder on any tab for any of the setup information.

Also, I suggest that you go to the Computer Management console and for each Qlikview Service, right click it, click Properties, click the Recovery tab, change all three entries for the first/second/subsequent failures to "Restart the Service".