Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

when binary load is use ?

Hi All

May i know when binary load is being use ? can some one share with me .

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

From the HELP:

"The binary statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, including section access data. It does not load the layout information or variables."

I often use binary load to separate the data model /scripting from the UI. You can easily build several applications focusing on different business groups on the same data model. So you only need to change data model at one place.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

From the HELP:

"The binary statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, including section access data. It does not load the layout information or variables."

I often use binary load to separate the data model /scripting from the UI. You can easily build several applications focusing on different business groups on the same data model. So you only need to change data model at one place.

MayilVahanan

HI

When you need to load the qlikview file directly. You can use binary load.

The binary statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, including section access data. It does not load the layout information or variables. Only one binary statement is allowed in the script and it can only be put as the first statement of a script.

Binary customer.qvw;

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In addition to that,

you might sometimes find it is necessary to add some table/island to an existing model without having to reload the old application. In such scenario, you can use binary load (the old application) in the new one with additional table/island. This helps when you don't have data source and you want something additional in the application.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl, Thank you for your sharing.

Now i have 2 file :-

1. QVD Generator

2. QVW read QVD file , inside have master calendar. and link table .This file also have U.I.

If i use Binary load then i have 3 file :-

1. QVD Generator

2. QVW read QVD file , inside have master calendar. and link table .This file with out U.I.

3. QVW binary load for U.I For GL report.

Ads :-

1. So your U.I file is more neat , since it does not have all access control , and reading QVD script.

2. The final file only focus on U.I.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tres

Yes , i think what you mentioned is same as my recent post on my link table have $syn key , one of the user here using Binary load to read my QVW data , and create a link table from there.

I think another advantage on Binary load is i can avoid QVD save and QVD load.

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Binary load is loading data from another QV file.  For example, you have application A.qvw.  You can create another application B.qvw with script

binary A.qvw.

When you reload it, your B.qvw has the same data as A,qvw.  The reload is very fast.

abhinavpathak17
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am new to Qlikview.

I am trying to do binary load but I am not getting the correct results.

The table which I am trying to copy has many tables but only one table is getting copied into the new QVW file.

Any idea guys why this is happening?