Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Adhoc reporting in Qlikview

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Adhoc reporting in Qlikview

Hi,

Please find the attached file helps you in implementing the Adhoc reports in Qlikview with the help of Qlikview 11 new feature "Show/Hide dimensions and expressions based on condition" in Dimension Tab - Enable Conditional and Expression Tab - Conditional option.

To implement this I created 2 new tables called Dimension and Measures tables which has list of Dimensions and Measures used for creating Adhoc Report.

Refer below link for detailed explanation:

Customizable Straight Table

Regards,

Jagan.

Attachments
Comments
kkkumar82
Valued Contributor III

I have gone through the different properties of the chart in the qvw file attached by jagan mohan.

Did  u see that file ??

0 Likes
fchukoskie
Contributor

Yes. The message for the calculation condition can be changed by clicking the "Error Messages" command button.CalcCondition.png

Arjunarao
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jagan,

Thank you for your post. It is very useful info.

0 Likes
ravindraa
Contributor

Hi jagan thanks for your post but one of my requirment i have 3 listboxes (i mean 3 Dimension), in this case how  can we create Adoc report i have tried like below if it is not correct pleae tell me the right way .

(GetSelectedCount([Dimension1]) > 0 or GetSelectedCount([Dimension1])>0 or  GetSelectedCount([Dimension1])>0 )and GetSelectedCount(Metrics)>0

0 Likes
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi,

Can you create a thread and attach sample file and your expected ouput, then it would easier to understand and provide the solution. 

Regards,

Jagan.

0 Likes
mayankraoka
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

I have used adhoc report and have dimension selector having more that 50 dimensions.When we select more that 10 dimensions the scroll bar comes in the browser.I want the scroll bar in the table not in browser.

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Regards,

Mayank

0 Likes
mayankraoka
Valued Contributor

Hi Jagan,

I am using adhoc report and in my dimension selector ,I have 50 dimensions .If user select more that >15 dimensions the scroll bar appears on browser rather then straight table.Is it possible to get horizontal scroll bar in table?

Regards,

Mayank

0 Likes
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi,

Can you create a new thread and attach few screenshots and sample file, so that it would be easier to understand and provide the solution.

Regards,

jagan.

cheburashka
Contributor III

Hi,

For an out of the box "Custom straight table" solution. Feel free to check out this document.

,KR Koen

0 Likes
omkarvamsi
Contributor

Hi,

Could any one please explain how the below exp works in background.

=SubStringCount(concat(Dimension_flag, '|'), 3)

I know how substringcount() and concat() works but I couldn't get idea.

Even If i'm using this below exp,my adhoc report working.

SubStringCount(Mflag,1)

SubStringCount(Mflag,2)

Thanks In advance

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-11-21 09:48 PM
Updated by: