Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Another bullet chart extension

Employee
Employee

Another bullet chart extension

I´ve created an extension in order to replace Bullet Extension that comes with QlikView.

In my humble opinion, that extension lacks the use of dimensions so you can´t use it to generate a lot of bullets based on a dimention

I´ve done this new extension using Mike Bostok work https://gist.github.com/mbostock/4061961.

Please feel free to sugest improvements or point out bugs

Capturar.PNG.png

Best regards

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments
msteedle
Contributor

The qar/zip seems to be corrupt.

Employee
Employee

Published again

Thank you Michael Steedle

0 Likes
msteedle
Contributor

Works now. Thank you.

akash3191
New Contributor III

Hi Anjos,

I have too many values in the dimension field that I am using for this chart. However, I can only see the 4-5 values in the chart. There is no way I can scroll down and have a look at other values. Can you please help me with this?

Many thanks in advance.

Akash.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

akash3191‌, Qlikview extensions can´t resize itself. Have you tryed resizing your object using enough height?

There´s no special limit to 5 bullets, it would try to fit to your object

Capturar.PNG

0 Likes
jpeichel
Visitor

Clever -

I think the bullet framework works since it has a dimensional aspect.  Unfortunately, the color schematic does not work.  I was trying to figure out how to make the actual bullet black, reverse the gradient background (on the left being the darkest - like a medium blue, the second one being light blue and third being white).  The vertical comparison line also would be black.

Any thoughts on how to modify the tool?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

you can change the css file accordingly to your needs

0 Likes
jpeichel
Visitor

great.  two other areas we need help on.  the dimension we are using is year.  when we look at 5 years of bullet charts, we are having two issues:

• the scale for each bullet is independent which makes comparing year over year difficult
  • the scale is shown for bullet chart versus just showing on the bottom chart

Any solutions for those issues?

0 Likes
jpeichel
Visitor

Clever - we may have solved the first issue by using a max and aggr function to define the scale for the whole set of data.  still would like to figure out how to only have the scale on the bottom chart.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

This is how it was implemented, maybe into a future version we could implement a feature to normalize the scale

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-06-2014 03:30 PM
Updated by: