Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

AutoHotKey Shortcuts

Not applicable

AutoHotKey Shortcuts

QlikView has a pretty good IDE for scripting, but it lacks keyboard shortcuts.  I'm creating a living document to allow us to collaborate on keyboard shortcuts for QlikView using AutoHotKey, an open source keyboard shortcut utility.  So here goes the first entry...

The following script sets up CRTL-/ to comment highlighted text, and CRTL-\ to uncomment highlighted text.

;;;;;;;;;;;;; QlikView Comments ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

IfWinActive Edit Script

{

^/::

{

tempclipboard := ClipBoardAll

ClipBoard =

Send ^c

ClipWait, 0.1

If (StrLen(Clipboard) < 1 )

{

Send {AppsKey}c

}

else

{

Send {AppsKey}ccc{Enter}

}

ClipBoard := tempclipboard

tempclipboard =

return

}

^\::

{

Send {AppsKey}u

return

}

}

;;;;;;;;;;;;; QlikView Comments ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I'm hoping the document can be edited by other folks.  If not, please post any additions and updates to the comments sections, and I'll add them here.

Cheers!

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
Comments
Employee
Employee

Did you know that ctrl-K-C and ctrl-K-U will comment/uncomment lines in QlikView script editor?

Not applicable

Hello,

I attached a QVW with the some shortcuts.

Dropbox - Shortcuts.qvw

LC

Not applicable

Nope.  This is great info!  Is it in the QV documentation anywhere, or is it an Easter Egg enjoyed by a lucky few?

Employee
Employee

Luis has posted a document with the 'easter eggs'. We added the standard comment/uncomment hot keys as part of QV10 and was probably only covered in the corresponding release notes

Not applicable

wow...

In the editor (Script or Expression), pressing <ctrl>-qsc will display a list of keyboard shortcuts.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

http://masterssummit.com

Not applicable

Ahh, got it, <crtl>-q-s-c.  Just another undocumented 'easter egg'.

rustyfishbones
Honored Contributor II

Following on from rwunderlich‌ great post regarding using AutoHotKey for Qlikview shortcuts

Search Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook

I have added a Shortcut that can be used to generate some Set Analysis to make it easier to calculate time periods in our data.

^d::

saved := clipboardall

clipboard := ""

Send, ^x

ClipWait

Send, {{}<%clipboard% = {{}`"`>=$(=From%clipboard%)<=$(=To%clipboard%)`"`{}}>{}}

clipboard := saved

saved := ""

Return

you must type Date, select the text and then press CTRL + d and it should generate the below

{<Date = {">=$(=FromDate)<=$(=ToDate)"}>}

You could change the bold text above to the following

Send, SUM({{}<%clipboard% = {{}`"`>=$(=From%clipboard%)<=$(=To%clipboard%)`"`{}}>{}} Sales)

and that would return

SUM({<Date = {">=$(=FromDate)<=$(=ToDate)"}>} Sales)

Might give you some ideas on what else could be done.

Rob, is it worth adding this to your version and keeping them all in the same place?

Regards

Alan

I had not though about generating Set Analysis syntax shells this way.  I like it! Let me play with it a bit and we'll see if anyone else contributes ideas as well. I'm happy to add them to the Cookbook file.

-Rob

rustyfishbones
Honored Contributor II

Excellent, thanks Rob,

Here is another one I created today

^9::

Send, {{}<$Field = {{}''{}}>{}}

send, {LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}{LEFT}

Return

This will create the following

{<$Field = {''}>}

And the Send, {LEFT} will send the cursor back 4 Characters, so when you run it will create the script and place the cursor between the single quotes in the Set.

Regards

Alan.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-23-2013 04:02 PM
Updated by: