Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
Qlik Analytics Tour 2020 Online. Begins August 10th. Register Today

Barcode 39 with QlikView Standard Barchart (no font)

Employee
Employee

Barcode 39 with QlikView Standard Barchart (no font)

QlikView can produce Barcodes (Encoding: 39)  itself. This little app uses the ability of a QlikView standard bar chart to draw the necessary black and white stripes to build a scanner-readable barcode

A mapping table was required in the script (enclosed) to convert each digit/character of the code into a 13-digit binary combination (0 would be represented by 1010011011010). Qlikview splits the code into it's digits/characters so there is a new table generated with n times the number of records as in the master data (where n matches the maximum code length).

There are also two alternative ways shown to create barcodes:

• one using the free font "Free 3 of 9",
  • one using a website with a dynamic URL, which returns the barcode as bitmap.

A PDF Report is included to print the different methods of creating barcodes to paper. The Qlikview barchart is the only independent method to create a barcode (the others are depending on either a website or a locally installed font)

Checksum: There is an optional modulo43 checksum calculated. If you need, you can display it. It is one additional character or digit added at the end of the code.

Clipboard01.png

--> If you are looking to draw QR codes with QlikView see QR Codes drawn by QlikView Barchart, no extension, no webservice

Enjoy

Christof Schwarz

Attachments
Comments
Creator II
Creator II

Very interesting.

Qlikview surprises me every day.

And the users inspiration is the driving power.

CB.

0 Likes
Champion
Champion

Nice to have a BARCODE also in Qlikview !!!!!!!!!

Vikas

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Woow! incredible!

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

This is a great example on all the potential capabilities that Qlik delivers. By any chance do you know of a customer that has implemented something similar in a production environment?

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Great job Christof, absolutely amazing. Keep searching for next frontier

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

I am not aware of someone using it in production. The prospect, for whom I originally made this example app, has still not decided. But if you are the first production user, let me know ...

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

Impressive Christof!

0 Likes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Really impressive Christof.
I want to produce a table that has two columns. One showing the data as a numeral (or text) and the next showing it as Barcode.
I can't figure out how to do that.
This would be a first use in production for sending off a manifest to customer.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Do you like to have multiple barcodes in a 2-column table in seperate rows? If so, the only way will be to use the 39Font or inline-graphics from a barcode-webservice. My example (ab)uses the settings of a barchart to produce one barcode, not a series of barcodes; it is comprised of many white and black bars; there is no inline-bar available for table objects which can do multiple tiny black and white bars.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you a lot!

I just need such guide for print code 39.

You really help me a lot.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-12-19 05:37 AM
Updated by: