Here Iam with some more tasks from a beginner point of view.
1. Show the percentage of individual items in the whole items taking selections into count
2. Show the percentage of individual items in the whole items with out taking selections into count
3. Show the percentage of each SalesmanID sales in its respective product
4. In a table show the top SalesmanID sales in its respective ProductID for all other rows
5. In a table show the top SalesmanID in its respective ProductID for all other rows
Total and Allare two keywords used in Qlik view to do a variety of things.For eg
In the above table I want another column with Data% as below
In the above table Data% column can be achieved by using
1.Sum(Amount) as expression using relative option with number format as Expression Default
2.Sum(Amount) / Sum(TOTAL Amount) with number format as fixed and show in percentage check box ticked
3.Sum(Amount) / Sum(ALL Amount) with number format as fixed and show in percentage check box ticked
Then what is the difference between Total and All ??
For eg Select Sno's 1 , 2 observe the percentages they show as below
The percentages are now based on the selected SNO's total i.e., 300, if you still want to have percentages on the whole SNO's even after selection then use Sum(Data)/ Sum(ALL Data) as expressions and the percentages would be as follows
Hope I am clear.
Please find attached files covering all tasks mentioned above.
Miscellaneous: Try Relative option with Dimension limits for further delving.
Even Total and All behave differently when dimension limits is used.