Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

Calendar with AsOf Flags, Compare Easter to Easter

Luminary
Luminary

Calendar with AsOf Flags, Compare Easter to Easter

About 18 months ago I shared a calendar Calendar with flags making set analysis so very simple which was received well.

The basic principle was a calendar with all possible dates linking to the main fact table and flags / pointers describing the type of link:

This gives endless possibilities when creating time comparison calculations. Since then I've developed the idea further with additional functionality added:

• Comparison of Special Dates which can move year on year (For example Easter)
  • Two new Fields; From Date and To Date which are associated to dates which fall in-between
  • Financial Month, Qtrs, Years added
  • Rolling averages and accumulation felds added from HIC's recent blog post: The As-Of Table

I'll be talking through how this calendar works soon on my blog www.qlikcentral.com . I also have developed a technique where expressions and nested expressions are replicated using the flags from the calendar so you don't have to manually set every possibility up!

Look forward to hearing your comments.

Richard

qlikcentral | Understand / Create / Inform

Update: V1.5 - Jan 2016, Added %Flag_ThisFiscalYearToDate 

Update: Jan 2016, Added QVS file to attachments. QV Licence not required to open

Attachments
Comments
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for sharing Richard! I'll implement this in a project I'm working on at the moment. I'll add my feedback here.

Juan

Luminary
Luminary

Thanks Juan, let me know how you get on. Richard

bullish35
Contributor

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing this resource.

manojkulkarni
Valued Contributor II

Good Document . thanks for sharing..

hvfalcao
Contributor

Richard,

There is any way to share it for QlikSense users take a look? It's just script?

Thank you!

Luminary
Luminary

Hi Henrique,

I've added the QVS script file so you can view it through notepad and copy it into QlikSense.

The calendar is all about the script although the QlikView document does have some working examples on which may make it easier to understand and use.

Cheers, Richard

joaquinlr
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for sharing Richard.

I will keep in the utililties collection

Joaquín

Luminary
Luminary

Thanks Joaquin, hope it proves helpful to you! Richard

hvfalcao
Contributor

Thank you Richard!

Not applicable

Hi Richard,

New to qlik and this looks powerful for what I need. Can you explain the easiest way to change the weeks from Sunday to Saturday rather than Monday to Sunday?

Many thanks

Jon

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎11-09-2015 05:19 AM
Updated by: