Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Customising Chart Pop Up Information

richard_pearce6
Valued Contributor

Customising Chart Pop Up Information

Hello,

Here is an example on how you can add more information to the pop up message box that appears when you hover over a chart.

I've include a detailed explanation in my blog Pop Ups To Be Proud Of | qlikcentral.

Richard

Attachments
Comments
kkkumar82
Valued Contributor III

we can also create such pop ups with using a special expression rather we can use dual() with all the display things  as strings and numeric value as the second argument.

dual(

Num(Sum(Spend), '$#,##0.00;$#,##0')&

'

Spend % = '&

Num(Sum(Spend)/Sum(Total Spend), '#,##0.00%')

Num(Sum(Spend), '$#,##0.00;$#,##0')

)

This is one such example where I am using in our project , where the bars takes the second argument value for rendering bars and first argument for pop ups.

Thanks

Kiran Kumar

richard_pearce6
Valued Contributor

Thanks Kiran,

Another great way of improving pop up information!

Richard

Not applicable

How did you get the barchart to start at the Low value and finish at the High Value, instead of just displaying the difference.

richard_pearce6
Valued Contributor

Hi Andrew,

If you go to the expression and expand it (by clicking on the + Icon) there are a number of additional properties you can set. One is the Offset typically used when creating waterfall charts. Here I have increased the starting point by the Min value which creates this effect.

Regards

Richard

richard_pearce6
Valued Contributor

Here's another example of mine working with Offset

Waterfall Chart Offest Using Dimensions

Richard

Not applicable

This has worked for me except there were a couple of things that were not obvious and were different in my chart. I have mine working but maybe I missed something:

1: I have a Line chart with 4 lines. The chart type must be changed to Combo Chart for this to work.

2: The additional expression for the pop-up text showed up in the legend. In your QVW it doesn't.  How did you get it to not display it? I had to check Bar and Invisible for it to display in the pop-up and not in the legend.

a5123283
New Contributor II

Hi Richard,

This is some great information you got!

I am look to change the outlook as the current pop-up label look too dull.

Do you know if we can customise the background and colors of the pop-up labels to look like the chart below?

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 9.34.42 pm.png

Regards,

Nelson

Not applicable

How do we create a pop up in qlik sense

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎05-20-2015 11:46 AM
Updated by: