Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Customizable Straight Table

Employee
Employee

Customizable Straight Table

In many of the applications that I have done, there is usually a need for a straight table displaying detailed information.  Sometimes I handle this by giving the user the option to create their own customizable straight table or ad-hoc report where they can select the dimensions and measures that should appear in the table.  In the attached Technical Brief, I outline how I created a customizable straight table in the Call Detail Record Analysis demo.  I have also written a blog on the topic - check it out.

Thanks,

JMC

Comments
hugmarcel
Contributor III

Hi

thank you for this. There are of course many ways to setup dynamic dimension and metrics selection for "self service reports".

If you have many dimensions and many metrics (hundreds...) you will find that the enduser will experience difficulties in finding the "right" metric in the selection list. We are therefore using a tree structure for dimension and metric selection, as such:

Dimension selection list:

Date

Day

Month

Year

Customer

Number

Type

Metrix selection list:

Booking                                        > [Metric Type]

Order Entry                                 > [Metric]

Order Entry Retention

Order Entry Acquistion

Service Requests

All done

All new

All cancelled

and so on.

Mouseover functionality will give additional help. If you e.g. use

[Metric Type] & vTreeSeparator & [Metric] & CHR(10) & [Metric description] as content of your Metric list box, the user will get a Metric description for every item when mouseover some specific metric.

Regards - Marcel

ananyaghosh
Contributor III

Hi,

How to do a tree structure there in list box? Can u give me some screenshot or give us some example for doing that thing.

Thanks,

Sandip Ghosh

hugmarcel
Contributor III

See example.qvw attached.

I could not find how to create an answer with an attachment, therefore I have put my document on top.

Marcel

cheburashka
Contributor III

Hi,

For an out of the box self-service report (you do not have to list the dimensions and expressions in the script). Feel free to check out this solution I've been building. Thanks for your feedback.

,KR Koen

Not applicable

How do you add this message when Dimensions and KPIs are not selected in the chart properties?

trdandamudi
Honored Contributor

Please follow the below steps:

Go to chart properties

Select "General" Tab

Click on "Error Messages" button (You will see this button at the bottom)

Custom Error Messages boxwill popup

Select "Calculation condition unfulfilled"

Now in the Custom Message you will see the message "Select Dimensions and KPIs above!"

You can change the message here and click ok if you want to save.

Hope this helps...

rubina_taj
New Contributor

Can you share steps to implement the same using Qlik Sense.

Employee
Employee

Hi Rubina,

Climber has a Custom Report Extension that works well in Qlik Sense.

https://www.climber.se/erbjudande/verktyg/climber-extensions-for-qlik-sense/

Jennell

MVP
MVP
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎01-31-2014 12:29 PM
Updated by:
Employee