Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

Dynamic Update - Simple Database

Dynamic Update - Simple Database

Dynamic Update is a few feature QlikView is offered to modify the data after QlikView gets reloaded. QlikView is a Data analytics tool, but you can keep it has simple database.

Using dynamic update:

1. Add records to the existing table.

2. Update the records in the table.

3. Delete few records from the table.

Syntax is just like SQL

INSERT:

INSERT INTO TableName(Fieldlist) VALUES(Valueslist);

UPDATE:

UPDATE TableName SET FieldName = value WHERE ConditionalField = Condition

DELETE:

DELETE FROM TableName WHERE ConditionalField = Condition

I have uploaded the QlikView file Here

Settings to enable

QVW: Document properties -->  Server tab--> Enable Dynamic Data update See belowEnable Dynamic update.PNG

Server: QMC-->System-->Setup-->QVS-->Security--> Enable Allow dynamic data update

dynamic server.PNG

Comments
kkkumar82
Valued Contributor III

Yeah , its wonderful celam for beginners who are awaiting for a demo.

When we update(insert ,delete or update) a table like this ,can we revert this updation in the database table

bcz I have seen an option in edit screen, settings tab which is last tab in the second pane stating

"open database in read and write mode"

kiran ch,

That option is to use insert/update/delete commands in script. Not from front end.

kkkumar82
Valued Contributor III

You mean "SQL select" statement of load command, then what about the security to the database,

I think even if we opt for the option at the database server end there may be restriction.

Can u elaborate it??

fheidenstecker
Contributor II

This is a really great and usefull function!
Major drawback is, that users who want to add or update data, need to be in QlikView Administrators group.....

I hope Qlik will change that some day, by making a special group "Qlikview dynamic update" for example!

sohailansari201
Contributor

What will happen if multiple users are accessing this dashboard and are adding/deleting/updating records. Do all these users sees all changes made by each other on their client view?

Thanks,

Not applicable

Hi all,

do you know whether this SQL syntax allows for joins? If yes, can you give an example?

Thanks

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎11-05-2014 04:35 AM
Updated by: