Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Dynamically Selecting Timeframes

Employee
Employee

Dynamically Selecting Timeframes

There are times when the user would like to select a timeframe like the past 3 months based on the current date.  Instead of using a date List Box to select the individual dates, a Text Object can be used along with Actions to select the appropriate dates.  Take a look at this technical brief and my blog to see how it can be done.

Thanks,

Jennell

Labels (2)
Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

GooDay Jennell,

Its a very nice blog,  i am new to QlickView i have learned a lot from your blog keep doing it.

I have requirement for the blow data how can i transpose to the out the client asking for. This is similar to that but a bit different if i am wrong i am confused of how i can achieve this..

SalesID  Customer ID CustomerAccnumber  Amount/Sales  OrderDate

11111     C55555        6778888                      5768              2/12/2014

To in QV Report:

SalesID  Customer ID CustomerAccnumber  2/12/2014    1/12/2014  ....................

(  Amount)    (Amount)

11111     C55555        6778888                      5768              5222

They want the above format that they can check for Past one week from today, and as well as for 90 days past from today, the report should expand on the right hand side with the date on the column head.

It looks similar to your scenario but i don't know how i can achieve where can i achieve this(Means in Scrip logic while loading data or in the Layout), they don't want any dashboard like you have used i showed them as well, they want it like excel style like QV table or straight table.

Please let me know how we do this.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

NS

delmak2000
Contributor

Hi Nagesh!

Just as Jennel had rightly described in her above post and blog, all you would need to do is to add two new expressions for the two said dates you want. Though you will also need to modify your expression using set analysis. Like

First Expression = Sum(

{$<

OrderDate = {"$(=Date(Num(vOrderDate1), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}

>}

Amount)

&

Second Expression =

Sum(

{$<

OrderDate= {"$(=Date(Num(vOrderDate2), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}

>}

Amount)

Also note you must have predefined your date parameters in the variable created.

I hope that helps

Ayodele

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎06-05-2014 02:09 PM
Updated by:
Employee