Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

EXPORTING QLIKVIEW OBJECTS TO MICROSOFT WORD TO PREDETERMINED LOCATION.docx

Siva_Sankar
Honored Contributor

EXPORTING QLIKVIEW OBJECTS TO MICROSOFT WORD TO PREDETERMINED LOCATION.docx

Hi. here is a document with step by step instructions to export qlikview objects to ms word to predetermined location. Regards sivasankar

Comments
Partner
Partner

Hi Sivasankar,

This is great concise How To, thank you!

How would you add the graph caption to the word export?  I've tried to use "ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH54").GetCaption.Name.v" but I don't know enough VBA to then get this into Word as a title/text.

Regards,
Chris

0 Likes
Siva_Sankar
Honored Contributor

Sub ExcelExpwCaption      'Set the path where the excel will be saved      filePath = "E:\TestBB.xls"          'Create the Excel spreadsheet      Set excelFile = CreateObject("Excel.Application")      excelFile.Visible = true      'Create the WorkBook      Set WorkBook = excelFile.WorkBooks.Add      'Create the Sheet      Set Sheet = WorkBook.WorkSheets(1)          'Get the chart we want to export      Set tableToExport = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("LB02")      Set chartProperties = tableToExport.GetProperties      tableToExport.CopyTableToClipboard true          'Get the caption      chartCaption = tableToExport.GetCaption.Name.v      'MsgBox chartCaption          'Set the first cell with the caption      Sheet.Range("A1") = chartCaption      'Paste the rest of the chart      Sheet.Paste Sheet.Range("A2")      excelFile.Visible = true          'Save the file and quit excel      WorkBook.SaveAs filePath      WorkBook.Close      excelFile.Quit          'Cleanup      Set WorkBook = nothing      Set excelFile = nothing End Sub

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Hi Sivasankar,

Thanks for the code, much appreciated, will this work in MS Word as well?

Chris

0 Likes
Not applicable

When I use this script,the function CopyTableToClipboard can work but CopyBitmapToClipboard can't work.

My export object is a chart.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2012-05-27 08:09 AM
Updated by: