Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
Register for Events and Webinars directly from Qlik Community: http://bit.ly/2Vpnenx

Enable SSL - QlikView Webserver

Employee
Employee

Enable SSL - QlikView Webserver

The attached archive contains instructions and per-requisite files to enable SSL on QlikView Webserver (11.2).

The core document was based upon an earlier document for QlikView 9/10,  I have made some modifications (mainly in how the certificate is created, IIS does not need to be installed in this scenario).

Hope this helps,@

Clint

Tags (2)
Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

Thank you for the Information. The instructions helped me a lot.

Just one short addition: If you copy the netsh command from page 13 there might be a hidden character after certhash= which leads to an error 1312. After removing the char the command works.

Not applicable

Thanks Clint,

Very useful & well written!

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

I followed the exact steps and I got a error of website security certificate.

Can anyone help me please?

Error.PNG

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

hello. That message is caused by the certificate being bound to a name and the user browsing to a different name. It is simply stating that the certificate cannot prove that the url is safe.

the solution is to ensure your certificate is bound to the correct name.

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Thank you very much.

You are right I didn’t input the correct name for the server (I actually used the ip address).

Cheers.

Fei

0 Likes
jim_chan
Contributor III

I am still getting error. what and where is the hidden char u meant?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi,

When you copy the element from notepad to command prompt you need to compare the strings,  often there is a hidden character displayed in the command prompt version.

Clint

0 Likes
jim_chan
Contributor III

when i copied one by one, then i hit "the parameter is incorrect." How do you type out in command prompt?

error.jpg

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Check the cert hash, appears there is a "?" in it,  delete that as it is likely wrong,  check the certificate for the "?"

Clint

0 Likes
jim_chan
Contributor III

YES. u r right. that "?", found it anyway. successfully added now. thanks!

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-08-20 08:29 PM
Updated by:
Employee