Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Essbase Connector Demonstration

Employee
Employee

Essbase Connector Demonstration

This video shows you a demonstration on how to use the new Essbase connector with QlikView.

Note: It may be necessary to view this video from the YouTube site, in order to access the full screen and resolution controls. Simply click the YouTube logo found in the bottom right of the player. Controls in the embedded player vary per browser.

QlikView partners and customers should be able to download the Essbase Connector from the QlikView download site, providing they have the appropriate access. Please contact your local QlikView account rep if you have questions or wish to obtain this connector.

Labels (2)
Comments
karthikmungi3
Contributor III

Can the essbase connector used for connecting to HFM?

Employee
Employee

Hello Karthik, I will find out for you.

Mike T

Qlik

Employee
Employee

Not directly, you can use the Essbase Analytics Link (EAL) from Oracle/Hyperion which creates a virtual cube on top of your HFM data.  From there the connector will connect to the virtual Essbase Cube.  The other option is to use HFM extended analytics which generates a Star Schema from HFM.

karthikmungi3
Contributor III

OK Thanks.

1. What about the IBM cognos integration server? can I use it to connect to HFM directly?

2. Essbase Analytics Link (EAL) or HFM extended analytics, will they cost anything extra for the company to buy them or are they free tools?

Employee
Employee

HFM Extended Analytics is a component of HFM so no charge.  EAL, will depend on what type of licensing you have from Oracle.  Licensing now usually includes it, but older contracts it was an add on charge.

karthikmungi3
Contributor III

Thanks. I will found out with the company about this two tools.

I know IBM cognos integration server(formerly Star analytics integration server) is a third party tool but any comments on it?

Not applicable

Where i can download the essbase connector?

karthikmungi3
Contributor III

From Qlik.com->Support->Downloads

Not applicable

Thank you,

but in that place you cant to download the connector to Essbase

Employee
Employee

Hello Jesica, it depends on how you are registered. If you are an existing customer or partner you will have access to the download site with these connectors, as these are paid / licensed connectors. If you are not a customer / partner - you will only be brought to a page that offers the free connectors - such as ODBC connector pack and Salesforce.

HTH

Mike T

Qlik 

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-08-2014 10:58 AM
Updated by: