Contributor

Export to Excel not working

Last Update:

Sep 21, 2022 1:07:35 PM

Updated By:

Sue_Macaluso

Created date:

Oct 25, 2019 8:08:47 AM

I am trying to export data from a QlikView Chart/Table in the Access Point or QlikView Desktop and I am receiving the below message:

'Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough memory or space available'

When looking at memory and disk space, everything looks fine.  Not sure why this is happening.  I am trying to do this on Windows Server 2012 R2 with Excel 2013.

Tags (1)
Comments
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You posted to the QlikView documents area, this is where actual Documents go and usually cover how-to type things.  You want to be sure to post to one of the other forum areas, in this case, the best one would likely be QlikView Deployment area.  

The file is going to go to the C:\ partition by default, I would suspect you may be low on free space on that partition in this case is the best I have.  If you have further questions, repost things on the forum I mentioned above.

Regards,
Brett

brooksc57
Creator
Creator

We were able to solve this by adding security to the 

c:\programdata\qliktech\.....qlikserver folder.

not exactly sure how premissions from missing from that folder, but they were. 

Once it was added back then the 'send to excel' started working again.

note: we did have to 'repair' the office install first as it was also corrupted. but it wasn't working after that until we fixed the perms.

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-09-21 01:07 PM
Updated by: